I love Spritz cookies, they're like the upgraded version of sugar cookies for me. They help make the holidays. But if you've ever made them then you probably know they have issues. Mainly the tool that makes them are a pain. Unless you have an old functioning electric machine, there are one of many problems you'll come across.
1. An old machine that cripples your hand
2. A new machine that breaks without having finished it's first batch.
3. Huge amounts of wasted dough.
4. Some patterns just don't work.
5. The number of clicks you need to push out dough varies constantly.
Yeah, and I still bake them. Here's why.
Cool on racks, or just a cutting board like I do.
Makes around 40 cookies.